Top 10 Social Selling Tips for Marketing Success in 50 Seconds
By Thomas B. Cross @techtionary
Before you spend a single dime on marketing, check this list:
1 – Focus of “Thought Leadership” That is, what key areas of your expertise could you blog about that people would be interested in about you and your solutions. That is, it will always be about content, content and content whether movies, products or services. And, if things go bad, respond quickly and with personal conviction to customer complaints, rumors or worse.
2 – Add More Keywords/tags/labels about your Expertise or Businesses. Examples would be: bicycle repair in Boulder, bicycle tours in Boulder, etc. The more tags/keywords/label are will generally increase you SEO traffic.
3 – Post Calls-To-Action on Social Media – Examples: Your life suffers because you . . . With xyz product, you will ….Our products have been proven to . .
4 – Push or Pull – Marketing for some is either inbound or outbound. The point is to do both. Newsletters, ads, tradeshows are examples of outbound. Ads are examples of inbound where customers come looking for you.
5 – Posting or Pinning – Blog posts are great to establish you as thought leadership. Pinning on Pinterest is a great way to create your own online catalog. Combine your blog posts with pictures and pin them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin and others.
6 – IP-Intellectual Property and Legal – We have always advised clients to focus their efforts on their website rather than letting Facebook control their brand and to protect their brand name a critical part of their intellectual property. Build your own content and thought leadership and customers will recognize you as the market leader.
7 – Consumer Service Education – Probably the easiest and greatest ideas to blog and share is information on your products and solutions. As has been said, “can’t sell what you don’t know” also means that in a DIY-do it yourself world, educate both your sales and customers to everyone knows more about what you do whether it be about the thread in your clothes or the way you build products.
8 – Channels – Who are you networking with in your community, online and social groups. Supporting friends’ idea is often a great way to help you with your idea.
9 – Go Mobile – If you have read this far, one of the most important points we can suggest is begin redesigning your website for mobile access. For example Chanel.com has a mobile version of their website to be viewed by smartphones aka iPhone. There are many examples of great mobile websites. Then get going because 50% and growing number of viewers see your website on their smartphones.
10 – Vision – Remember to always look toward the future and keep your vision focused and evolve as customers and markets change and change you along the way.
If you are located in Boulder, we will provide a free social media marketing evaluation or if far away call 303-594-1694 or email email@example.com
Get Social Selling Smart Today
There are many more actionable tips to be found in the Social Selling Seminar:
Introduction to Social Selling – Morning Session for Professional Selling Professionals
Session 1 – Customers Bain or Boon
Session 2 – Build Strategic Customer Assessments
Explore the following:
1 – Customer type – vertical, specialty, distribution, OEM
3 – Media Channels – what mainstream and other media channels are they using?
5 – Apps – are customers using app(s) for selling/supporting?
6 – Technology – what social selling/media and technologies are they using – did they build or buy.
7 – Organization – where is their organization going – merge, divest, domestic and international.
8 – Brand – is their brand something that is important to you?
Session 3 – Taking Social Selling Action Today
– Start selling – build new social “cold calling” build new social selling newsfeeds.
– Upsell – build new means to selling “dogs” and finding “happy meals.”
– Pitch-sell – build new social selling “pitches.”
– Cross-sell – exploring ways to social selling multi-vendor solutions.
– Support selling – “constant courtesy” – integration of selling and support
– Cool selling – can toys, movies, and fun be to use
– Develop funnel buying stages.
Questions & Answers
Advanced Social Selling – Afternoon Session for Corporate and Sales Management
Session 1 – Selling Social Selling to the Organization – The Hardest Part
– Evaluate social selling and integration with current/proposed compensation plans.
– Integrating Social Influencer aka KOL-Key Opinion Leaders involvement into the pilot program.
– Discuss critical elements of the implementation program include:
– Social media “word of mouth” social sales
Session 2 – Critical Social Selling Concepts
This session focuses on management and the changing nature of management in the future including:
– Connections – how to create and connect with other social media influencers.
– Content – how to create content to have compelling “thought leadership” knowledge.
– Collaboration – learn how to collaborate with internal and external social leaders.
Session 3 – Corporate Management and Social Selling
Here are some of the key issues addressed:
– Integration of KPI factors with other organizational KPI metrics.
– Explore the new social selling organizational structure.
Questions & Answers
Social Selling Corporate Strategy